What Do Managers Do?
To build skills in management, consider using Highly Effective Management Training Course from pdtraining in Christchurch, Tauranga and other cities in New Zealand.
Different levels of managers are obliged to meet the needs and enable reaching of organisational goals for their managers, shareholders and their direct and indirect reports.
The job of management is not easy, and requires juggling many different responsibilities.
Each managerial role is different, but most managers share several key responsibilities.
1. Meet business goals, vision, and objectives.
2. Supervise and be responsible for the performance of team members.
3. Hire, train, and develop employees.
4. Identify problems and come up with solutions.
5. Share responsibility for the growth and success of the company.
With the number of jobs a manager must perform, it can feel like a juggling act. Effective management is achieved through excellent prioritisation.
Some tips on task prioritisation is to consider the following:
• Effectiveness: How important is the task in light of company goals or standards? Is it realistic to achieve?
• Time: How long will the task take, and what is the affect on staff?
• Cost: What is the cost of the task in terms of labour, supplies, and other resources?
Pdtraining delivers 1000’s of professional development courses each year in Wellington, Auckland, Napier, Christchurch, Hamilton, Dunedin and Tauranga, so you can be assured your training will be delivered by a qualified and experienced trainer.
All public Highly Effective Management Training courses include am/pm tea, lunch, printed courseware and a certificate of completion. Customised courses are available upon request so please contact pdtraining on 1300 121 400 to learn more.